Thursday, December 7, 2006

Nannying...Part Deux

So I am on my 2nd full day of being a full-time mom (for those of you just joining me...no I didn't just have a kid...thank goodness!). Anyway...back to the story. So I always thought stay at home moms were crazy when they would say that they never have time to get everything done! I mean hello what do you really do all day. Well...I get it now!

Woke up at 6:15 (15 miniutes too late to take a shower!) and made sure the girls were getting ready. My idea of getting ready this morning was getting out of my pj's and slipping into warm-up pants and a sweatshirt-I get why all the moms wear work-out clothes all day...it isn't because they went to the gym...it's because getting dressed just doesn't happen before the sun comes up. 6:50 leave the house-I am wondering how many days it is going to take before we leave late. Drop off the little one at the carpool and pick up a high school boy- who according to the older one..."might not ride with us to school because he sometimes doesn't fit into smaller cars"...I almost lost it! Come to find out he plays basketball and is well over 6 ft...but I mean seriously! Anyway...he fit (it was a short ride to school thank goodness for him!) and I successfully made it through the crazyness of the school parking lot without hitting any kids or being hit by inexperienced teenage drivers trying to park their brand-new beamers (it's a private school!). By 7:15 I am back at the house...what do you do at that time of the morning?? Well I decided to try and be productive so I made myself breakfast and planned out the rest of the day...then I went back to bed and swore I was only going to do so for 1 hour. I woke up at 11! I had lunch plans and then went straight from there to pick up the high schooler. Dropped her off at the house and then ran over to my house to pick up my laundry. Came home and started dinner! Suprisingly everything tasted wonderful-the girls ate 3 helpings each of pasta...so if it wasn't good then they are really good liars...and I mean seriously who can mess up pasta (well maybe that's a dumb question...I did have a little mishap at the Delta!). At 6 the oldest one had play/choir practice and at 7 the little one had a hair appointment. I got her there on time and everything...and then the hair stylist just didn't show up. So there we sat for 45 minutes...I mean I could have been doing laundry or washing dishes or something productive. So we made our way home and I started my 5 loads of laundry and the girls just sort of are hanging out around the house. It's going to be a late night because the oldest one doesn't have school tomorrow.
So needless to say...I didn't get anything done today...except a load of laundry...wow where does the time go?

Alright...that's it for today! Here's to another day of nannying!

No comments: