Thursday, December 14, 2006

Ahhh the Joys of Nannyhood

"I think I am going to throw-up." Those are the words I heard as the little one got into my car yesterday when I picked her up from school. My first thoughts were...please, please, please don't throw up in my car...but what came out of my mouth was..."ok, let's get you home so you can lay down." I mean the girl looked sick! Her face was flushed and she probably had a fever (which dumb me...I didn't check)...but awww throw up! I knew if she actually threw up I would follow in about 2 seconds! Thank goodness we made it home without any puking. I felt bad because I had to go to work right after I dropped her off (and to be honest I was sort of feeling sick to my stomach too...I promise it started before she told me she was sick), but last night when I got home she was sound asleep and she said she felt better this morning. So hurray...no puking kids!!!

What else...oh...the little one really really wants a specific kind of ginerbread man cookie from the store...according to the grandma. So today I went to the store on a mission...and guess what...no cookies! So I did my best and bought another brand...I am praying they taste similar! And did you know there were so many kinds of toothpaste?? I never knew! I always just grab one...but I guess little kids aren't suppossed to use "whitening" toothpaste (something about it stripping the enamel of their teeth) and I didn't know if they liked fresh mint, baking soda, scope flavored...ahhh the choices! Whatever happened to plain old Crest toothpaste!!

Alright got to go and start making dinner!

No comments: