Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Being a Nanny - Part 1

Alright so I decided to do this blog thing because I thought it would be fun and I figured now would be a good time to start because I am sure the next two weeks of being a full-time nanny are going to present some interesting moments...and I thought I would share them with you!
The girls- one is a junior in high school (she technically doesn't need a nanny...she is super cool and is very independent!) and the younger one is in 7th grade. They are both amazing girls and I love them!! (The older one is one of my high school students from the youth group I used to work with!)

Pre-nannying- (is nannying even a word??) I met with the mom and felt completely overwhelmed! I basically decided not to have kids at this point! (But I have sense decided that I still want them). The girls are both super active at school...christmas choir concerts, school musical, rehersals, school volleyball, club volleyball and slumber parties don't even begin to go into their schedules for the next two weeks. I was positive I was going to forget one of them somewhere by the first day!

Day 1- Came over to the house after work. Made sure oldest girl got off to choir rehersal on time and waited for the little one (what I tend to call her!!) to get home from volleyball practice. Dragged little one to dinner with me...which actually worked better than I thought (it's amazing what bribing a child with eating out will do!)...and did some Christmas shopping. Came home and hung out with the girls for a little while and then it was off to bed!

Day 2- Woke up at 6 am (a little too early for me!!) and took a shower. Get out of shower and hear knock on bedroom door. Little one is standing outside telling me that the other bathroom is completely flooded! (Side note...the entire house flooded this past weekend, but they got it fixed and everything had been fine until this morning!). Proceed to mop up floors with every available towel and rag in the house. Start dryer with sopping towels and call the grandparents (thank goodness they live down the street) so they can come over and call a plumber...because I still have to drop the little one off at the carpool and get to work on time. I got to work on time. Worked at the Cathedral, went to the gym, went to work at Gloria Jean's and then home around 10 pm. The little one was in bed when I got here and the oldest one just went to bed about 20 minutes ago. I am pooped...and I didn't even have them all day! Remind me that I need to write my mom a note and thank her for taking care of me every single day as a child! Off to bed...I am sure there will be more fun adventures very shortly!

No comments: