Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I am officially done...well in about 2 hours!

Wow...I honestly can't believe my 2 weeks of being a nanny are almost over. I am actually kind of sad, but I am excited about getting to sleep in my own bed tonight and having my whole closet full of clothes to choose from!

The last week has been wonderful! Over the weekend, the little one was over at her friends the entire time. So it was like I only had one, instead of two. The older one had some friends over on Saturday night and it was hilarious just listening to them while they hung out! I had seriously forgotten how fun it was to hang out in high school...talking about boys, drama, friends, etc...they were cracking up the entire night. And they attempted to make sugar cookies...the first batch they made wrong (i so wanted to correct them, but I held my tongue) so when they went to roll it out and cut out the shapes...it didn't work because the dough was too sticky (or something like that). Almost all of the cookies burned and when they came out of the oven it was really hard to tell what shape they were suppossed to be...we sort of made a game out of it! On Sunday, Grandma and Grandpa came over with a Christmas tree...I stayed out of the way! I thought the girls were suppossed to decorate it on Sunday while I was gone, but when I got home it was still naked! I found out why on Monday morning...the girls couldn't figure out how to put the lights on. So guess what I did Monday...I put lights on a Christmas tree for the 1st time ever! Of course half of the 2nd strand went out as I was putting it on the tree, but I figured it out and I have to say it looks pretty good.

On Monday night I had to work and I was soooo looking forward to coming straight home and going to bed, but the oldest one had an essay due the next morning and she wasn't even close to being done when I got home. She stayed up until almost 2 in the morning...and I stayed up with her because I had to edit it! Needless to say, Tuesday morning I dragged myself out of bed! The older one ended up staying home from 1st period to finish (with Grandma's approval) and I came home and crashed for a couple of hours.

Last night I just had to take the little one to volleyball practice and then the girls and I did some cleaning around the house. Right now they are both at school and the parents are on their way home from their cruise and should be home anytime. Hmmm...I am going to miss seeing these girls everyday! I think I am ready to have kids!!! Well...maybe not yet...it is probably easier with someone elses because I get to go home at the end of two weeks!

No comments: