Thursday, November 13, 2008

You know your addicted when...

Ok, so I don't know if any of you have ever felt this way but here it goes... So all my life I have had this fear (fear is not the right word, but I can't think of the right one) of being seen in the same restaurant or coffee shop or grocery store on two consecutive days or sometimes even in the same week, the worst would be on the same day! I know I have gone somewhere earlier in the day and then had friends suggest that we go hang out there later that same evening and I will do all I can to avoid the return visit. I don't want people to think I can't cook for myself, or that I am lazy, or just I don't know...even that I eat out alot (which I really don't) but anyway to the point of the story.

This morning I went into the Starbucks down the street from my house (just fyi I usually switch off Starbucks each time I go for the reasons/fear stated above) and there is a huge line. I am usually not in a rush so the lines don't bother me and this morning I was already late to work so I figured that a few extra minutes wouldn't kill me. So one of the employees notices that the line is getting really long and comes over to a register to help out (I think the girl at the register was fairly new and/or hadn't had any coffee yet because she was moving fairly slow!!) anyway...the girl who had just walked over asks the two people in front of me what they would like and she writes it on the Christmas cups (hello it is not even Thanksgiving yet...we shouldn't be drinking out of christmas cups!) and then turns to me and says...Do you want your usual, venti iced skinny vanilla latte? I sort of looked at her with a bewildered look like "are you talking to me?" and then realized that was exactly what I was going to order! It sort of weirded me out. I mean I have been so careful to never go to the same Starbucks at the same time of day...but it didn't work...the girl knew my order!!

So all that to say that today's incident proved my suspicion that I am addicted to coffee! I don't really now what I am going to do about it...probably wake up tomorrow morning and go get another venti skinny vanilla latte...heck I can even go to the same Starbucks without fear...I've already conquered my fear!

1 comment:

Bri said...

Is there a coffee rehab? Where you'd have to walk down streets that don't have Starbucks so you don't get the "itch". Oh wait... They're on every corner! Ahhh! JK Love ya girl.