Sunday, November 2, 2008

When the little things go wrong...

Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed how all the little things have been off. I don't know what it is- maybe I am growing and I am going through a clumsy stage- but whatever it is I have almost come to expect it. Here are just a few of the weird, funny, and plain stupid things that have happened in the last few weeks.

1. Forgot about a meeting that I needed to go to for work. I have known about this meeting for weeks and even had it on my planner at work, but somehow I sat around doing nothing while this important meeting was taking place. About 45 minutes into it my friend (who made it to the meeting with no problem) texted me to see if I was coming...by that point I was on my way to another meeting and it was pointless to stop by for 5 minutes. Luckily, the lady who is in charge of the committee is super merciful and told me she was just thankful I hadn't gotten "sucked into a black hole" which at that point I felt I already had with all the stuff I am doing at work. Anyway, missing a meeting is not me...so it was werid!

2. This morning I was trying to put away a box of cereal after I had finished pouring myself a bowl. I was holding onto it with two hands and everything and the next thing I know the box was upside down and all the cereal was on the floor. Now comes the question of what did I do with an entire box of cereal that is now on the floor...well (I really can't believe I am admitting this!!!) but I scooped it up with my bare hands and dumped it back into the box. Ahhhh I really hope our floor was somewhat clean! But seriously...cereal is soooo expensive, I can't even imagine throwing away an entire box of cereal just because it spent a few seconds on the floor. So if I don't offer you cereal the next few times you come over it is not because I am being rude it is just because I don't want to offer you the dirt off my floor for breakfast!

3. My roommates and I carved pumpkins...not odd or strange...but the fact that all of our pumpkins shriveled up into little orange balls of grossness and mold is beyond me. They didn't even make it to Halloween! Seriously, I don't get it! If the pumpkin is drying up, why would it grow mold. Usually mold only grows where there is moisture...not where there is dryness. Anyway, we had to throw them away because there were all kinds of bugs on them and they were pretty unrecognizable as pumpkins.

4. The internet at my house is working....but my computer won't pick it up! This is just frustrating! However, I think it makes me very very aware of how addicted to checking my facebook and email...maybe this is a good time for me to break that habit. I just feel like I am missing out on the world! I'll get over it!

5. The other day I was wearing my super cute pink shoes and I was walking on a tile floor in one of the cafe's at APU and I slipped and slid about 2 feet (luckly I didn't fall...God only knows how that happened) but about 20 students were standing there and saw the whole thing. I even chuckled a little bit when it happened...but talk about embarassing moment.

Those are only a couple of the things I can think of right now...but everyday something happens and I am like...really?? could I be any more clutsy or uncordinated?? But that is why all of you love me right...because I always have a good story about something that happened.

Alright, I have to head home from the coffee shop to my apartment that won't let me have internet so I can actually finish my papers for school!

1 comment:

Bri said...

Oh my gosh you are seriously cracking me up. Yes, you are having an off week. The cereal things is sooo gross girl! And the slipping in your cute shoes made me laugh out loud. Poor Erin! I'm seriously still laughing as I type this. I feel so bad!