Sunday, November 16, 2008

My name is not Katie!!

Alright, so I haven't given up drinking coffee yet! And maybe if I had I wouldn't be writing this little blog right here!

This morning I ditched church to go to a great little coffee shop to work on an assignment that is due tomorrow night. (I am just waiting for all the comments about me ditching church!! LOL!!...just FYI it is not something I do very often). Anyway, I walk in to this place (where I go fairly often) and one of my favortie baristas is working. I have no idea what her name is, but since moving up here her and I always have conversations when she is making my coffee. About a week ago, I stopped by to do some homework. I ordered my coffee and she (my favorite barista) was making my coffee. While we were talking I thought she called me Katie, but I wasn't too sure so I ignored it (the typical Erin response when she isn't sure what someone said...just nod and pretend like you know what is going on...this gets me in a lot of trouble!!). So back to today...I walk in and the first words out of her mouth are..."Hey, Katie! How are you?" I respond with, "I'm good, how are you?" But my mind is racing with thoughts about what I should do. Do I correct her? Do I just let it go? If I let it go, I think of the very awkward situation that will happen at some point where she finds out she has been calling me Katie and my name is Erin. Ummm...what should I do? In typical Erin fashion I continued the conversation as if my name was Katie.

I honestly think she just got me and my friend Katie's name mixed up. (Katie and I tend to go there together quite often). But, anyway...this isn't the first time that this has happened. In fact, my neighbor thought my name was Ashley until one of my roommates corrected her about 2 weeks ago. I guess I just don't look like an Erin!

No comments: