Sunday, November 9, 2008

When the little things go wrong...Part Two!

So I really should be working on a paper that is due in a few hours, but instead I am checking my Facebook and writing another blog about my dull life and the things that are just plain funny to me sometimes! So this week continued the trend of little things going wrong...here they are in no particular order!

So a little insight into this week before I get started....It was Global Vision Week at APU! Which is an incredible week of over 30 events that is put on for the students. I am on the planning committee, so this is a big deal for me and my office. Let's just say I usually only work abou 15 hours a week (I know I know that is nothing!!), but last week I clocked about 40 hours (and that doesn't include some stuff I attended and didn't count as work)...anyway that is an intro to the week!

Things that just didn't go right...

1. An event that I was suppossed to take care of reservations for (place, chairs, tech equipment, etc.) just didn't get planned! Ahhhh!! I didn't even know that the reservations hadn't gone through until about 30 minutes before the event, thanks to one of my amazing co-workers who calmly approached me and told me the exciting news! Thankfully everything came together in a matter of minutes and no one else on the committee knew about it (until they read my blog of course). I just can't believe I let it slip through...seriously I need to get more organized!

2. Waited to the last minute to finish my final for my Counseling class (not unusual!)...go to finish it and my computer starts being weird! Great! I attempted to save the file to a memory card I had and ran into my work to use a computer there. The file I save to the memory card was not there by the time I got to work and I was so scared at this point...I already had 21 pages done! Well, thanfully I have gotten in the habit of emailing myself stuff in addition to saving it to my computer...well I had a recent copy of my paper! Soooo greatful!! So I sat at work and finished my paper. I then proceeded to call my dad and tell him my computer woes! All I can say is that I now have an amazingly new laptop! (the only thing that isn't so great about it is the pricetag...but I think I can deal with that!) The one funny thing about this whole thing is that I took the old computer home and my dad was checking it out...it has worked perfectly ever since! Go figure!

3. On Friday morning I was trying to quickly get from East campus to West campus so I could attend chapel. I was walking to my car and making a phone call to my mom just to say hi and as she picks up I round the car parked in front of mine and notice an large blotch of white paint smeared across the corner of the front bumper of car! The first words out my mouth were...mom do you know anywhere I can get bodywork done on my car. There was no note on my car, so I just got in my car and drove to West campus. I couldn't even be mad, seriously of all the things that could bother me in life I was not going to let this be one of them.

Hmmm...none of that seems bad now. In fact most of it is funny! Ahhh my life!

Alright back to my paper that I can now work on because I have an amazing computer that works!

No comments: