Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's after 1 in the morning & I am so excited that I can't sleep!!

So, it seriously 1 AM right now and I am so excited...though I am not going to share with you why I am so excited (don't hold your breath because I am really not going to tell you the details because nothing is 100% yet but just know that it is really cool and amazing and I am so excited that I cried about it earlier today...it is that great!!) Anyway, I wanted to share what I wrote in my journal last night. I usually don't do this, but I really just feel the need to share and hope that someone enjoys it and it resonates with someone's heart...so here it is...

Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

The phrase that sticks out the most is "he will quiet you with his love" -God I am so busy and always talking and always thinking...I need to be quieted by your love; I need to be quiet in your love; I need to experience the power of your love that has the ability to calm my mind, my heart and my spirit.

God you take great delight in me? I find this hard to believe a lot of the time because I do so many sinful things. How could you delight in me? How do you delight in me when others can't even delight over me - and they are my equal and not the God of the universe! But you do delight in me, as a parent delights in their child and as a artist delights in their creation and as a composer delights in his song - so you delight in me.

You take so much delight in me, that you "rejoice over me with singing." What a voice You must have! What a song You must be singing! Which one is it? What does it sound like? I know I have heard it before! In the quiet moments of the sunsets on the dock at the Delta, in the thunder and pounding rain of the storms in Northern Thailand, in the laughter of the rowdy teenage girls at winter camp who just won't go to sleep, in the waves that crash on the shore, or the sound of my feet hitting the pavement when I go for a run - all of them are percussion and harmony and sound effects to the joyous song You are singing over me!

Thank you for taking delight in me, quieting me, and rejoicing over me! Thank you also for being might to save - thank you for loving me enough to save me from myself!

1 comment:

KatieG said...

I LOVE IT Erin! Thank you for sharing this beautiful journal entry. I looooove this verse and these are some great reminders. Thanks for sharing! Love you!