Tuesday, May 1, 2007

These Sorts of Things Just Don't Happen to Me!

So this story sort of creeps me out but also makes me laugh because it is just so something that would happen to me!!

On Saturday morning I had gotten up at the crack of dawn to get ready to drive up to Temple City for Surf-n-Study. (And I am totally serious about how early it was, because I promise the sun was not even close to being out when my alarm went off at 4:50 in the AM...that is how much I love you FBTC kids!!!) So I get all ready for the day and walk out of my house around 6 AM in my pj pants and a sweatshirt...looking totally hot I am sure!! Not!! I head over to Starbucks, because at 6 in the AM everyone needs some coffee (trust me, I am not a morning person without my coffee). I park near Starbucks and then walk over to Vons to get a couple things for the beach and a car drives up. A man with a funny accent (I think he was from the East Coast) leans out the window and says something. I think he is maybe asking for directions or something, but I didn't understand a single word he said. So I said, "excuse me?" and he repeated the garbled mumbojumbo (is that a word??) and once again I said..."Excuse me?" At this point in time I start to realize that since it is 6 in the morning I am the only person in this parking lot and there is no way I am stepping anywhere near this car (talk about paranoid!!). So once again he repeats himself...and here is what he asked me..."Do you like to party?" My response..."no" His response "too bad." My response "for you!" and I walked away.

Now I am cracking up because the more I think about it the funnier it gets. I mean hello, how desperate does this guy have to be to pick up on a girl in her plaid pjs and a sweatshirt at 6 in the morning! Second, what kind of party is still going on at 6 in the morning...don't the cops shut down all the good parties at like 3 or so?? Third...what kind of girl would be stupid enough to get in a car with some random guy at 6 in the morning to go party?? It's the stuff that shows like Without a Trace and America's Most Wanted thrive off of!! And Lastly, I told my mom and she was like...ohhh I bet it was some code word for drugs or something...which makes me laugh, because it may well have been but I am just too stupid (or more likely oblivious) to know! All I know is that Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers always told me to stay away from strangers....and this was one stranger I want to stay very far away from!!!

No comments: