Tuesday, May 12, 2009

THAILAND!!!

I am going to Thailand in about 6 hours! I don't know if I would believe it was true if it wasn't for the giant gear bag full of stuff sitting in my living room right now.

The last week has been crazy! I finished up working at APU, Graduated with my M.Ed. in College Student Affairs and moved out of my apartment! Needless to say that I didn't start packing until this morning...at least I got it done!

I am excited for the adventure that is waiting for me in Thailand! I am going with a team of college students...which should be a blast! Other than the basic details of the trip I have no idea what is going to happen over the next 3 weeks, but my new more spontaneous self is completely fine with that!

I would ask for your prayers...we got word late last week that two villagers died in an accident on the dirt road that leads to the village (and 5 others were injured, but have returned to their homes). This road is the same one we have to take into the village (and is the same one I have traveled many many times). So first, please be in prayer for the families of those who died. This is a totally different ministry opportunity for our team, so we are praying that we can just be of comfort to the families. Second, this accident has caused a lot of concern and worry from friends and family of the team; which is totally understandable. So please pray that we have safe travels and that the drivers know what is too dangerous and what is doable.

So thanks again!! I will update this as much as possible while I am gone! Love you all!!

1 comment:

Bri said...

Love that you keep us updated here. I'm so excited for your trip and will definitely be praying for the tribe that lost those people and for safe travels for you all. Hope you have an amazing time blessing those college kids with you. Can't wait to read more! :)