Monday, June 9, 2008

Stuck in Hong Kong!



Things don't always go as planned...that is what I continue to learn on this trip!

My flight was delayed 2 hours from LAX which was not a huge deal until they informed us that we were going to have to make an unplanned fuel stop in Korea due to massive headwinds...so that took over an hour....needless to say by the time we got to Hong Kong (11:30 pm) we had missed our connecting flight to Dhaka.

The airline put us up in hotel and informed us that our flight (on a completely different airline) would not be leaving until the next day at 7 pm. Which meant we had a whole day in Hong Kong. We (my boss and I) decided to enjoy our time here and do a little site seeing. So today we took a train to one of the islands and went to Victoria Peak on this oldschool cable car (wish I coud attach pictures, but I can't download anything right now).

We rushed back to make sure we got checked in for our flight and then we were informed that our flight would not be leaving until 11:30 pm...so they checked us back into our hotel for the evening. We just checked out of the hotel and finally got our real boarding passes to hopefully get on a plane to Bangladesh. Our biggest concern at this point is that our luggage gets there...our luggage spent the night at the airport instead of with us...hmmmm we will see if it gets there.

So yep that is it for now...I will try and update more when I get to Bangladesh. But so far we have heard that the plan is for us to head down to southern Bangladesh on Wednesday to start some relief work.

Hope you all are doing well!

Blessings from China!

2 comments:

wkback said...

Yeah!! Crazy times :)
Wendy

Unknown said...

Dang Girl! You crazy! :) I love it! So how's Thailand - haha j/k. Your bday party was fun! Thanks for the invite! Dude, you rock for changing the world and Jason and I will be praying for you! Love, katie